Tea is touted for its health benefits including high antioxidant and vitamin C levels and more. It spans both centuries and cultures, from its roots in Asia through Europe and India and to America. Unlike finely cut conventional tea found in mass manufactured tea bag.
Mountain Rose loose-leaf herbal tea is fresh, fragrant, tasty, longer lasting and far more economical than other teas.
- made from the freshest and most flavourful organic spices from around the globe
- Each loose tea is packaged in a re-sealable kraft bag with a paper glassine liner and comes with complete brewing instructions.
- 3 oz size brews 8-12 cups of tea, and our 1 lb size brews 40-60 cups of tea.
- All herbal teas are caffeine free.
- All of our herbal supplement teas are Certified Kosher through Earth Kosher and those marked certified organic are 100% organic blends certified by OTCO.
- Purchase teas in multiple whole pound quantities, discounts apply.
The truest tea comes from the tea plant, Camellia sinensis, and depending on where it is grown and how it is processed it results in black, green, oolong and white teas. Herbal tea is not made from the tea leaf; rather, it is infused herbs. Specialty teas may include tea leaves and herbs with the addition of flowers, fruits, and spices.
Organic tea is grown and processed without pesticides or artificial fertilizers and is also often Fair Trade. This means that you can reap the health benefits of organic tea knowing that small farms are being supported, workers on tea plantations are being treated fairly, and that both the workers and our environment are not exposed to the harmful chemicals used in conventional tea production.
Perhaps the most well-known benefit to drinking tea is for the high level of polyphenols found in tea leaves. Polyphenols are a type of natural plant antioxidant that has been found to help fight free radicals—molecules that occur in the environment that can cause damage to our cells. Green and black teas are the best known for their antioxidant benefits.
Infusion = Tea made from leaves, flowers and light material. Put 1-2 teaspoons of herbal tea material into a brewing utensil of your choice and place in a 6-8 oz size cup. Add lightly boiled water and allow it to steep for 3-5 minutes. For a more “medicinal” effect steep 15-30 minutes. Tea will keep refrigerated for 24 hours.
Let Mountain Rose teas soothe and comfort you through times of stress and sadness. Get it here where 2% of the sales for every Epicurean Organic product that sold will be donated to the Organic Consumers Association..